So how does it work?
You make the following choices:
1. Choose ten records. The world of music is your oyster. Go crazy. These can be albums or 12-inch singles in picture sleeves. We just need a list of the records from you. We will put together visuals of the original cover artwork of each for you to check—so there is no confusion over whether it is a UK, US, French etc release. Ben will then work his magic and create the covers and populate the room set with the records.
2. Choose the room set you prefer to populate. There are two to pick from – Pearl or Jake. The base case is that the room sets and characters are a fixed element, and the ten records are the variable element. However, if you would like the person in the room to be based on you or anyone else, Ben will create a new character for you. This does involve an additional cost. We just need a photo of the person, and details of the clothes he or she is wearing.
3. Choose the size of the artwork. This is completely your choice. One constraining factor is the relative proportions of height to width. The images are rectangular – a landscape orientation, with a 1: 1.4 ratio of height to width. So as an example, you could choose any size with that ratio – for example a 10 x 14 inch image, a 15 x 21 inch image, a 30 x 42 inch image and so on. When you get into very very large sizes —which are possible—there are some practical limits on the maximum size that can be produced, but in theory we can go up to almost 60 x 84 inches by making a print on a 60 inch wide roll. If we make this as a ChromaLuxe print for you, the maximum size is 40 x 56 inches. We can discuss all these factors with you if you are after something very large.
4. Choose the production technique. This is your artwork, so it is up to you how we product it for you. For example, it could be a print on paper, made with a white border around the image area, presented in a black or white box frame. Our preference—and our recommendation to you—would definitely be to have it made as a ChromaLuxe print. ChromaLuxe prints are the absolute perfect match for Ben’s vibrant artworks. If you haven’t seen a ChromaLuxe print before, you are in for a treat. They have an ultra-high-gloss finish, with richly saturated colours and a jewel-like appearance. The technique uses a process called dye-sublimation to fuse the image directly on to a 1.25 mm thick panel of white-coated aluminium—which gives them in-built structural rigidity. They hang straight on the wall without additional framing because there is a special subframe on the reverse—this allows the artwork to hang on the wall while appearing to float. Additional framing/glazing is not required (as ChromaLuxe has a scratchproof surface) but can be arranged as an option. ChromaLuxe prints are very light and are easy to ship. Ultimately, ChromaLuxe is just an option, and we are happy to give you prices for different options and sizes.
5. Choose framing. We can arrange framing, or can supply a piece unframed if you have a preferred framer you like to use locally. If you choose ChromaLuxe, this does not require additional framing.