The fabulous limited edition book of Bob Dylan photographs by Daniel Kramer. Collectors Edition limited to 1,765 numbered copies, each signed by Daniel Kramer. Hardcover in a clamshell box, letterpress-printed chapter openers with tipped-in photographs, two different paper stocks, and three foldouts. A large format 288 page volume measuring 31 x 44 cm (12.3 x 17.3 in.)
Art Kane was a huge Bob Dylan fan, and literally stalked a very un-cooperative Dylan around an L.A. rooftop to get the shot. Dylan didn't like being told what to do, and Kane didn't shoot reportage style. Dylan, literally cornered, submitted to the direction and gave up the shot with a smouldering look that says, alright, you win. As Kane later recalled " I told him, "I'm going to stay until I get what I want." I finally manoeuvred him into a corner, he slid down and looked up. I had my shot."
On Monday 8 December 1975 the first leg of Bob Dylan’s Rolling Thunder Revue came to a close with the Night of the Hurricane concert at Madison Square Garden in New York. This was a benefit night for Rubin “Hurricane” Carter, the subject of Bob Dylan’s song “Hurricane”, written with Jacques Levy, and which had been released as a single the previous month. This limited edition letterpress print celebrates that concert, and features the twenty-two songs performed by Bob Dylan that evening. For this print we chose a green Colorplan paper by G. F. Smith - a reference to a background colour on a contemporary button/pin badge featuring Rubin Carter. The two typographic rules appearing at the top and bottom of the print are based on guitar straps used by Bob Dylan on the Rolling Thunder tour. The limited edition print uses a mix of fonts including the Slab Serif and decorative Americana typefaces associated with Dylan and the time; plus simple bold Grotesque faces used on boxing posters. Each print is handmade and the edition is printed in full at the outset. Prints are in stock and ready to ship. Specifications Limited edition of 75 created from a traditional process in a mix of antique wood and movable type, each one individually numbered. Printed on 270 gsm G.F Smith Colorplan paper. Paper size 40 x 64 cm / 15.75 x 25 inches. The price is shown for an unframed print. We can organise framing – please ask for a quote for framing and delivery based on your location. There are no delivery charges in the UK for an unframed print. Delivery charges apply outside the UK mainland.
- 96 pages, hardcover book, in protective printed slipcase
- Just 750 individually numbered copies of this book are available worldwide
- This is an ultra large format volume. When closed, the book measures 24 inches high by 18 inches wide (60x45cm). When the book is open, double page spreads measure 24 x 36 inches (60x90cm).
- Contains the very best of Ken Regan's Rolling Thunder archive.
- Many previously unpublished photographs.
- Clean and elegant layouts allow us to show certain key images in a very large scale of 24x36 inches, revealing incredible levels of detail.
- The book is housed in a beautiful custom printed slipcase. Covers are deliberately left free of text so that the book can be displayed on your wall as a work of art in its own right, in a custom acrylic slide- in/slide- out wall mounted display unit, available to purchase separately
- Delivery costs: UK - free / Europe - GBP 40 / US - GBP 50 / Rest of World GBP 65
- In stock and shipping now.